[bksvol-discuss] Re: the war [was Re: Re: Best sellers that aren't making it into the collection]

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:47:13 -0600

Right you are Sue.

It reminded me of a section in the Naked and the Dead where the marines on a
small island heard Tokyo Rose telling the marines what horrible things the
Japanese soldiers were going to do to them the following day. I'm sure that
really happened, and I'm sure that was very frightening to the marines
listening to that over the radio.

There is something particularly frightening about someone telling you about
your impending doom or enslavement in your own language.

Makes you think about what many of our veterans have gone through to protect
our country. And it makes you appreciate their sacrifices and their courage.

Just my thoughts.

Bob