[bksvol-discuss] Re: the symbols called braces

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 21:13:21 -0500

Hey Cindy;
Let me see if I can give you a pointer so that you may remember about the
greater than and less than. Always remember that Jaws (the shark) eats the
larger number. So for example, 5 is less than 8 will look like this (if written
out) 5<8. The "open mouth" of the shark is opened towards the larger number-8.
Sharks like "large quantities of food. Now as far as the greater than sign. 10
is greater than 2 will look like this 10>2. In this equation, the shark's mouth
is opened up towards the 10 to "eat" it because sharks like large quantities of
food.
I hope this helps and I didn't further confuse you.
Netta