[bksvol-discuss] Re: the symbols called braces

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 19:23:40 -0500

It has been so long and so rarely that I have used braces that I forget exactly how they are used, but if the rule is anything like that for quotation marks or other symbols that might be used in the interior of something enclosed in them then I think braces might be used as interior brackets. Whatever the case, you really do not come across them very often.

On 12/1/2012 3:05 PM, Martha Rafter wrote:
Yes, if I use the shift and hit the same key as the bracket, I hear my JAWS say Left brace or right brace. Are you saying that if I needed to have two sets of brackets one inside the other, the inside ones should be
braces?  I hope I won’t need to use them!  Thanks!
Marty