[bksvol-discuss] Re: the symbols called braces

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 19:13:00 -0500

That is correct. It is the shift of the bracket. Describing it as a parenthesis with a pointy thing in the middle is not inaccurate, but I think it could be added that the parenthesis part of it has an indentation where the pointy thing is.

On 12/1/2012 1:59 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
I'm pretty sure that braces are the the things on the same key that has the bracket;, and if you hit that ky plus shift you'd get the brace: }  I'd describe it as a parenthsis with a little pointy thing poking out from the middle. (Judy, hopefully you can do better. It would be used inside brackets, if you needed " bracket something else. You probably won't need it for bookshare proofing but might come across their use in a book

Other related posts: