[bksvol-discuss] Re: the symbols called braces

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 14:43:29 -0800

Yes. that's what I'm saying--and I hope I'm correct. Offhand I can't think
of a time I've ever used them.
Oh--and I thought the more-than and less-than mathematical symbols were
open arrows, or open sideways  Vs, i.e., imagine that capital V that I just
typed resting on its side with the wide part opening as if to swallow the
number; the problem is that I never can remember which way to point the V;
maybe I'm wrong, though, and braces are used somehow.

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Martha Rafter <mlhr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Yes, if I use the shift and hit the same key as the bracket, I hear my
> JAWS say Left brace or right brace.  Are you saying that if I needed to
> have two sets of brackets one inside the other, the inside ones should be
>  braces?  I hope I won’t need to use them!  Thanks!
> Marty
>  *From:* Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
> *Sent:* Saturday, December 01, 2012 1:59 PM
> *To:* bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> *Subject:* [bksvol-discuss] the symbols called braces
> I'm pretty sure that  braces are the the things on the same key that has
> the bracket;,  and if you hit that ky plus shift  you'd get the brace: }
> I'd describe it as a parenthsis with a little pointy thing  poking out from
> the middle. (Judy, hopefully you can do better. It would be used inside
> brackets, if you needed " bracket something else. You probably won't need
> it for bookshare  proofing but might come across their use in a book

Other related posts: