[bksvol-discuss] Re: the symbols called braces

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 14:43:29 -0800

Yes. that's what I'm saying--and I hope I'm correct. Offhand I can't think
of a time I've ever used them.
Oh--and I thought the more-than and less-than mathematical symbols were
open arrows, or open sideways  Vs, i.e., imagine that capital V that I just
typed resting on its side with the wide part opening as if to swallow the
number; the problem is that I never can remember which way to point the V;
maybe I'm wrong, though, and braces are used somehow.