[bksvol-discuss] Re: the symbols called braces

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 15:05:55 -0500

Yes, if I use the shift and hit the same key as the bracket, I hear my JAWS say 
Left brace or right brace.  Are you saying that if I needed to have two sets of 
brackets one inside the other, the inside ones should be
braces?  I hope I won’t need to use them!  Thanks!
From: Cindy Rosenthal 
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 1:59 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] the symbols called braces

I'm pretty sure that  braces are the the things on the same key that has the 
bracket;,  and if you hit that ky plus shift  you'd get the brace: }  I'd 
describe it as a parenthsis with a little pointy thing  poking out from the 
middle. (Judy, hopefully you can do better. It would be used inside brackets, 
if you needed " bracket something else. You probably won't need it for 
bookshare  proofing but might come across their use in a book

Other related posts: