[bksvol-discuss] Re: the summer i dared (improving)

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:26:43 -0400

Dear Laura Ann and Friends,

Laura Ann, when you asked me to explain how to locate page breaks I heard
laughter from all over the country, from all of the volunteers here who really
know the answer. I'm touched that you asked me, but it's only time and my love
of books that get my validations in shape. When it comes to my computer they
know I'm in a thorny thicket, getting stabbed at every other keystroke. I don't
remember the proper names for things and press this when I desperately meant to
press that. So, for your own protection and to save my dignity, I won't be
posting instructions here.

The only reason I offered to help Linda off list is that she knows me and puts
up with my double talk. And she knows I'll send her to the experts if my
suggestions aren't helping. Besides it was a good excuse for us to stay in
touch. Last night we sorted out page numbering, and had a good gossip and lots
of laughs.

You are in great hands with our monitors, Gerald, Kellie, and Jake, and the
volunteers like Katie, Julie, Evan, Pratik, E, Sarah, Grace, and the others who
either know what they're doing and or actually like and understand how
computers think.

And, Laura Ann,  it sounds as if you already have a good grasp of the process.
Let us know what you are submitting or tell us when one of your validations is
approved. We'll celebrate with you and then some of us will go off to read your
book.

Always With Love,

Lissi

"My story is finally out there in the ether, a self-sufficient organism beyond
my control, changing shape in every new mind that absorbs it."
From The Night Listener, a novel by
Armistead Maupin