[bksvol-discuss] Re: the stripper

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:09:17 -0500

Mr. Fruchterman,
Howw much would it cost to disable the stripper temporarily as an
experiment?  Since it is a software program rather than hardware, could this
be done???  Then the users who do not want to hear or read the headers and
footers could set their programs so they would not hear/see them, as someone
has suggested.

Users and staff basically want the same goals for Bookshare.org, and I
certainly appreciate all volunteers and staff members.

I have a brainstormm.  Would it be possible for those of us who can afford
to do this donate our credits to Bookshare and pay the full subscription
fee?  It could be done on a voluntary basis.  For example, if I earned $50
in credits by the time my subscription is up, could I pay the $50 fee
anyway?  With just one person doinng this it would give Bookshare $50.  Just
my thought and I could and would do it for one..

Regards,

Sue S.