[bksvol-discuss] Re: the story of a proofer

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:05:39 -0500

Hi Ann,

As a submitter,

Smile, I see two types of holds.

1. Holds I intentionally put n books and usually the held for person takes the book and works on it at his leisure.

2. The hold placed on a book that was sent back for more editing where the proofer, has no interest in proofing it again. I have six books sitting on my list that are this way. One was submitted by an individual who did fifty in one day, and most had to be sent back for more proofing. There they sit with his hold on them, and he hasn't touched them.

Smile. So I agree there should be a time limit, as I have had books sitting for months, and I can't self proof, smile so I just get to sit and see them sitting there in my Scans in processing and hope someone will take them and fix what needs to be done, smile.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT

Guide dogs for the Blind Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Reading a book is like rewriting it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms. -Angela Carter, novelist and journalist (1940-1992)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>