[bksvol-discuss] Re: the story of a proofer

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 22:01:54 -0600

If you work closely with a proofer, you can find out when they'll have an open spot, and submit the book then, so you don't have to worry about it being up for over 2 weeks.

Melissa

Lynn I wrote:
Hi Shannon!

I really understand what you're saying about having a good relationship with
a proofreader and how important that is. I've proofread your books--at least
two or three of them, and I think we've worked well together.

However, I'm not understanding comments on this thread that express a
concern about the "holds" being for two weeks effecting the number of books
you or others would be able to submit. The change in the "holds" just means
you'd have two weeks to download the book from the time it was placed on the
check out list. It doesn't mean that you couldn't renew it--I renew a book
all the time.

Could you please clarify how this would be a negative?

Blessings.

Lynnsky