[bksvol-discuss] the story of Civilization

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:07:38 -0400

Somebody is working on one of the several volumes of
The Story of Civilization besides me.

I am working on
The Story of Civilization Part VII: The Age of Reason Begins: A History of European Civilization in the period of Shakespeare, Bacon, Montaigne, Rembrandt, Galileo,
and Descartes: 1558-1648
Will Durant, Ariel Durant
Whoever is working on
The Story of Civilization: Part X: Rousseau and revolution: A History of Civilization in France, England, and Germany from 1756, and in the Remainder of Europe from 1756,
to 1789
please get in touch with me. I have a corrections file for numbers I have developed for Kurzweil.

It fixes dates such as i2oo for 1200
and many more.  It will speed up your work.
The books are great scans. However dates sometimes come out as i,ooo instead of 1,000
or 15 40 instead of 1540.

If you get in touch with me I may be able to speed up the process for fixing dates in these textbooks.

E.