[bksvol-discuss] Re: the Sensory Sensitive Child & other responses

  • From: "Jamie Pauls" <jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:00:22 -0500

I actually put The Sensory-Sensitive Child on Step 1 last week. I'm not sure if it's still there or not. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Grandma Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:12 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] the Sensory Sensitive Child & other responses

Welcome, Dean.

(1) I can get The Sensory Sensitive Child, but not
until next week. The only one of my libraries that has
it will only send it to my branch and hold it for 3
days, and I won't be back in town until the end of
next week.

(2) Thinking that maybe I missed something, I went
back to the volunteer page. I see that joining this
list is encouraged, but I don't find where it is
required; it's required to sign up as a volunteer to
scan or, now, validate--I thought it always was, but
maybe I had to apply to be a volunteer because I'm not
a member. Am I missing something somewhere? I do
sometimes read carelessly.

(3) you can either standardize the headers so the
stripper can strip them or delete them, leaving the
page numbers, which personally I find easier. And it
is recommended to skip a line between page break and
page number and then page number and text if the
number is at the top, and text and page number and
page break if number is at the bottom. That ensures
that the page numbers won't be deleted by the
stripper. Also, we've found that putting something on
the line in front of chapter title--some of us use
asterisks, some the word chapter--whatever you
want--keeps the chapter title from being stripped.

I'll let you know when I get The SS Child book if no
one else gets if for you in the meantime and if you're
willing to wait.