[bksvol-discuss] Re: ten validations

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:03:35 -0400

I feel obliged to point out to any of the newer validaters that this is Tony's personal methodology, and not a requirement of Bookshare. I didn't want to see anyone who is just getting into validating become overwhelmed by the prospect and just call it quits. The more you validate, the better you will get, the easier it will become, and the higher you will set the standard for your own personal efforts.

Dave

At 12:31 AM 6/15/2005, you wrote:
Hi. That's good for you! That means $5 off your next renewal, and that always helps. However, I would like to suggest something. I don't mean to dampen your spirits or anything, but please do a thorough spell check to remove scanning errors. Some of them can be easily fixed with a search and replace, like the split words, but often the only way to find scanning errors is with a full reading through and using a spell checker. In this regard, I have a custom dictionary for Word that I have developed. It has both American and British spellings and has greatly helped me lately in validating. Here are a couple examples of what I mean: