[bksvol-discuss] teaching meditation to children

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:12:03 -0400

My name is listed as part of the validating stream of Teaching Meditation to Children. Something is going on and I am unable to understand the cryptic note. Something about copyright.

By the way, on the subject of cryptic notes. What gives? Surely a bit more transparency in the character of the mysteriously cryptic notes is in order in general and particularly on the step 2 page. For one thing, once a book is downloaded by a volunteer, would it be possible to transfer those beginning notes to thename of the book currently being worked on so I can still see the original submitter and book history? And what about making those notes actually say things folks can understand and using long descriptive sentences. That way, we volunteers can support each other in getting issues resolved and know who to speak to about resolving what.

An example is my validating of Teaching ...

Another example is my validating Folktales of the British Isles.

Fortunately, I remember that Kenneth Cross submitted it. So I know who to write to. I can tell him for example that the scan is beautiful on all counts except the dates. i can pretty much figure those out by context and am doing so. The errors seem to be i for 1 and o for 0 so far and sometimes 0 for 1 as in 0887 which by context is clearly meant to be 1887.

Forgive me for long ranting posts. Longer notes would help. Even short ones I can understand are welcome.

E.