[bksvol-discuss] Re: taming step 1 into a smaller list

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:02:15 -0800 (PST)

Maybe another list could be set up for that. That
wouls be helpful for another category of books, too.
If someone downloads a book to work and then finds
that it  needs sight because of various problems like
italics or side insets or graphs, even if one of us
agrees to work on it, Hold For cannot be added to the
title when the book is returned to the download list.

Maybe a list for partially worked on but not completed
books could be set up.

G.Cindy

--- Cindy Ray <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I know what you mean about frustration as a
> validator. I almost
> gave it up because of that. I really do think that
> it would be a plan
> to be able to submit back to Step 1 what one has
> done with the book
> and then someone could pick up where you've left
> off. It would solve
> the problem of totally wasted time, yet one would
> not be sending the
> books to other validators, or to other people to do
> for them who
> aren't really involved with Bookshare. Because if
> one can send the
> books to someone else to work on, there is nothing
> that would keep a
> validator from sending the book to just a friend;
> and that friend
> could love the book and send to his/her friends, and
> I'm sure that is
> partly what they are trying to guard against. But to
> make it possible
> to have a new validator start where someone left off
> would be an
> immense improvement.
>
> Cindy Lou Ray

at