[bksvol-discuss] talking notetaker for sale

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:10:59 -0800

Hi,

Sorry for hitting both lists, but I really would like someone to take this off my hands.

A Freedom Scientific Type 'N Speak, purchased nine months ago, used less than three times. Comes with power supply/battery charger and instructions fully loaded.

For those who don't know, the Type 'N Speak is a speaking notetaker/address book/calendar/game player. You can find the official description of it from Freedom Scientific here http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/notetakers_tns.asp

Factory price is $1495.
I'm accepting the best offer over $100.

I also have the external 1.44 floppy disk drive that works with these notetakers. With it comes it's power supply, a connector cable and an extra cable for back-up, a carrying case, a few disks, and a manual both in braille and on cassette. The disk drive was purchased at the same time and used only once. Basically, it's brand new, though I do know it works. Details on that can be found http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/notetakers_related.asp#disk

Factory price for the disk drive is $495.
I'm accepting best offer above $40.

Obviously, I'd be happiest selling both these items to the same person (they're made to be used together) but I don't insist on it. If you just want one, that's fine.

If interested, please email me at <mailto:Shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, and just for the sake of clarity, I'm not selling these items because I found them unusable or didn't like them. They were an experiment, and I found something that works better for me personally and fits better with my lifestyle. I know plenty of people who swear by the Freedom Scientific notetakers. I just happen not to be one of them.

skp

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.