[bksvol-discuss] Re: taking the plungeRE: Re: bookbooks

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:50:01 -0500

Hi Kim!

Take your time when learning the scanning. There is no rush, and I know you can do it. You express yourself well, so I agree with whoever said it quite a few messages ago that you are sharp. Just a little shaky confidence now. A few years ago, I tried OmniPage, and that OCR package baffled me, so I know the feeling about something that is baffling.

Debby

At 05:34 PM 10/30/2009, Kim Friedman wrote
Hi, Monica, again, thanks much for writing. I thank you also for the compliment and I grant you I have my moments, but at other times, I don't feel sharp at all. I'll let you know when I actually do something or take the plunge into scanning. I'm not really worried about crashing the computer and I know I haven't hurt the scanner, but it's actually wanting to do it. Again, I don't think there's any rush on this, as long as I eventually screw up my courage and say: "Okay, Friedman, there's something I want to scan and now is the time for you to get off your rear end and do the thing." Take care, best regards, happy reading, and if you wish to write me off list, please do so. That way the list gurus won't get us into trouble. Kim Friedman.