[bksvol-discuss] Re: tabs bullets and plank pages

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:47:35 -0500

Cindy,

It doesn't look like anyone else is going to tackle your question, so I'll
give it a shot.

The points you are talking about is how far the cursor is from the left side
of the page and would be the same if you are manually indenting by a tab or
spaces.  From what you said in your message, though, it sounds like you're
using a tab to indent the paragraph, and from what others have said, the tab
will be stripped, so the question of indenting by 0.25 or 0.5 in the case of
tabs doesn't matter.  If you start indenting using spaces, then I'd say use
0.5 to make it easier for members reading the book visually since Bookshare
is for people with a print disability, not a visual disability.  You'd be a
better judge of how much space is needed to recognize the paragraphs easily
visually, though.  As for Braille users, I would expect the Braille
translater to reduce the number of spaces to the appropriate number for
Braille.  Perhaps it doesn't, though.  Maybe another volunteer who uses
Braille like Kellie can give us the answer.  Since we're unsure at this
time, if 0.25 is adequate for you to recognize the beginning of a paragraph
in Print Preview or the Print View, then I'd say go with it.

Gerald