[bksvol-discuss] Re: synopsis

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:43:01 -0500

When I write my short synopsis I use the Word count feature in Word to see how many characters I have. When I am ready to submit the book I just paste it into the short synopsis field and usually I have no problems.

Grace
----- Original Message ----- From: <vining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Mary Otten"
another possible interpretation for the lack of synopsis may be that the
originator or the validator ran into the 200 character limit and got
disgusted. I know some people think its no big deal to make a meaningful
synopsis fit into 200 characters, and for them, maybe it isn't. But if
you've tried writing one and been bitten by the "your synopsis is too long"
message multiple times fort the same book, you might come to understand
why somebody could get discouraged. I sure hope that when improvements
are made to the submission form, something is done about that text field
where one enters the short synopsis, so that we knoe in advance
when we've hit the end and don't have to find out the hard way.
mary

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.7 - Release Date: 2/10/2005