[bksvol-discuss] Re: synopses, quality, etc.

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:52:15 -0500

Assuming a redesign of the database is feasible, or even advisable,  one
possible way to handle a single synopsis is to have only a long synopsis,
which is viewed in its entirety when displaying the book record.  The same
long synopsis would instead be displayed in a truncated form on multiple
book listings pages.

This would simplify the life of volunteers,  while still presenting
subscribers with a highly usable  and flexible interface.

Guido

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/29/2004 11:08 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: synopses, quality, etc.

Personally, I like having the ability to see a long synopsis when it is
available, so I would be disappointed to see it illiminated.  I just
wanted
to give my opinion in this unofficial and unsolicited E-mail poll. :-)

Thank you for your answer about the textarea tag.  Some html guides online
must be incorrect, which I suspected since my tests with it didn't work.
Could you tell me if there is a reason why textarea is used instead of
input
when input would allow for easy limiting of the number of characters
entered? I know there may very well be a good reason for the other tag
that
I just don't know about. I know it will allow 200 characters as a length,
because I tested that.
Thanks.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net