[bksvol-discuss] Re: synopses fields

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 22:15:11 -0400

I don't recall whether submitters are supposed to do that or not. But even if they are, there are a lot of older books that don't have synopses, that were done before that was a requirement--if it is one now, that is. If it is a requirement, it certainly wasn't always one.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nancy Martin" <nancyam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] synopses fields
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 7:20 AM

This is interesting.  Does
anyone know where the information is
taken from?  When I submitted And Only To Deceive, the
synopses looked fine,
they just weren’t what I had written.  It was kind of a
strange surprise.
Then, when I submitted the second book, I decided that if
Bookshare was
automatically filling in those fields, there was no point
in trying to scan the
book jacket.  And of course, in that case, the synopses
fields weren’t filled
in!

From my perspective, it’d
just be nice to know whether that’s
something you need to add or not, before you submit the
book.  I don’t mind
scanning the book jacket, but it’s often hard and
produces scans that need some
clean-up, so I don’t want to mess with it if there’s no
need to do so.

Donna

From:
bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx