[bksvol-discuss] Re: symbls vs words

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 09:27:54 -0700

Hi, Cindy, when I'm reading a book in Braille and I come across three
asterisks, I know it must be a scene change. If there's a picture caption, I
think I'd like to see "Picture caption:" wherein somebody writes a
description, and "end caption" which tells me that the picture has been
described. If you want to put the whole thing within brackets, why not? If
you prefer just to write [Caption: (written description. "End caption], I
should think people would understand. You could (if you'd rather not bother
with words) make a note at the beginning of the text that brackets are used
to convey information, say whether there is a picture being described or
there being no text on a page. Regards, Kim Friedman.

  _____