[bksvol-discuss] Re: superscript and subscript

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:26:05 -0700 (PDT)

Elizabeth,

In the print books the footnotes *are* superscript.
What I was doing when validating and finding that they
were not was making them such. Then the question arose
here are one point and at least some members said not
to make them superscript but to put the numbers next
to the periods without parentheses (I was going to do
that) because that way they would be easier to read.

However bookshare wants them I'm happy to do them, but
changing the way they are in the print book is no
different to my mind than deleting hyphens at the end
of sentences and closing up the word. smile Or putting
photos and illustrations and their captions in places
that will not interrupt a sentence or paragraph. smile