[bksvol-discuss] Re: superscript and subscript

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:20:40 -0400

Hi, Terra. Now that's a question I've never been asked. I don't have a clue, and I'm not sure it matters in the final product since a lot of extra formatting is stripped out. For example, all tabs are removed. I know they keep the bold text attribute, but I have no idea what they do with things like fonts or italics in text. I just proofread the document for accuracy and let the Bookshare tools sort out things like fonts unless the book is in a giant font that Jaws can't read. Then I select all text and adjust it to 16 point Times New Roman and keep moving. Jaws can't read text in a font size of somewhere around 32 or larger, so that forces me to adjust the font size. Other than that, I figure I have enough trouble proofreading the text without trying to sort out how the text appears on the screen. Maybe someone else here has a better idea of how to help you.

Monica Willyard

Terra Syslo wrote:
Does anyone know how to tell in jaws with word if something is superscript
or subscript and how to take that out? Sorry for all the questions, I just
want to make sure I'm getting everything right with this book.

email and MSN:  tlsyslo@xxxxxxxxx
skype: tlsyslo

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:59 AM