[bksvol-discuss] Re: suggestions please on dificult book or a volunteer to edit

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 02:37:21 -0800 (PST)

This is from the book jacket, according to my library
catalog. The book was published in 2003

"Olivia Martin has mastered the art of cynicism. She's
sailing through college, indifferent to grades or the
people around her, just grateful to be living on her
own, away from her divorced parents. Her rich father's
second marriage is no happier than his first and has
only strengthened Olivia's determination never to let
herself fall in love. Unfortunately, some things are
out of her control, and while Olivia does her best to
stave off the early signs of infatuation, she can't
deny she's interested in her dangerously handsome T.A.
Just when she's thinking she might let herself fall
for the guy, a car accident changes her life in ways
she never expected. Suddenly, Olivia has to figure out
the right thing to do - and whether or not she wants
to do it." "Olivia narrates her own story in a bold
and honest voice. Plunked down against her will in a
huge mansion in the wealthiest part of Los Angeles,
and forced for the first time in her life to take
responsibility for others, she finds herself more
pampered than she's ever been before - and more
burdened. Used to skimming along the surface of life,
Olivia learns that no amount of ironic detachment can
completely insulate you from the siren call of family
and love."--BOOK JACKET.

Cindy