[bksvol-discuss] suggestion - show the validator

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:21:16 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to see the validator listed on books, along with the submitter.
First, I'm proud of my work, and have no objection to having my name
attached to it. People who want their names hidden could still be that old
Bookshare Volunteer.

Second, different validators do differing amounts of work on a book.  The
book I'm reading now is rated excellent, and mostly is, but it's obvious
whoever validated it didn't so much as bother to spellcheck.  Though they
apparently stripped headers, which I do appreciate.
Anyway, seeing the validator name might give the experienced Booksharian
an idea of the quality that might be expected inside a book.

I've also often wondered if it would be helpful to display the percentage
that we see when we're asked to rate the book.  You know, 99.76% accuracy,
which suggests excellent quality.
There is a wide variation in excellence.

Tracy