[bksvol-discuss] suggest rescann Firestorm/Nevada barr

  • From: "cheryl fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:17:46 -0600

Hello,

The several Nevada Barr fans on this list may consider a rescan of Firestorm,
(bookshare ID 3021) that is forth in the mystery series featuring park ranger
Anna Pidgeon.  It's rated excellent but with some annoying quirks.  Every
letter f is either an r, l, or h: example lighting lires instead of fighting
fires. Consecutive words with the letter f are run together: example hrehghters
is supposed to be fire fighters. There are places where words are spelled
out--which is probably a header, but without page numbers, I can't tell. There
are also occasional missing words at end of lines.

By the way, the previous bookss in the series are perfect scans which is why
I'm mentioning the scannos in Firestorm so that hopefully the quality can be
improved.

Cheryl