[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted Falling in Place

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:17:56 -0700

Very interesting Cindy, thanks for the comments. I didn't realize that they automatically went to medium if submitters didn't rate them. Oh well, the system has some flaws, but all in all it's a great program and run very well.

Bud

At 10:23 PM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
Hi, Bud,

Both submitter and validator can have their say. I
think some validators, especially newbies, don't
realize that they can change the rating, and some
submitters don't realize that if they don't put in the
qualaity rating the bookshare automatic rating is, or
used to be, Fair, which discourages many validators
from even taking the book.

When I submit a book (usually just occasional
children's books now that have to be typed because
they don't scan) I put the rating, and when I
validated I leave the rating if it's accurate or
change it if I've improved the book -- which is
usually the case, since I've been choosing to take the
worst ones.

Cindy

--- Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I just submitted Falling in Place by Ann Beattie.
> It scanned very
> well and I think are very few corrections to be
> made.  I wonder why
> they leave it up to the submitter to say how good
> the book is.  I'd
> think that should be done by the validator after
> they have worked the
> book over and then give it it's rating. We
> submitters can say
> anything about it.
> Anyway, happy validating.
>

> Bud Schwab