[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted 36 books today

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:14:38 -0400 (EDT)

Kaitlyn

Thheoretically, Yes, .kes is preferable.  From a practical standpoint,
however, it is a recipe for having your submissions languish from being
validated by a volunteer as that validator must have K1000 available to
them.
So, from a practical standpoint, the best format to choose is .rtf which
almost all validators can easily handle.

I scan using K1000 myself.  When I am working on a book, I save it in
.kes.
Before submitting it to Bookshare, however, I convert it to .rtf using
K1000's ""save as" feature on the file menu.