[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted 36 books today

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:46:58 -0700

Hi, Kaitlyn. First of all, if you scanned the books yourself, you might try
opening the books in Kurzweil and resaving them in .rtf format. While Bookshare
certainly does accept submitted books in .kes format, your books might get
validated faster if submitted in Rich Text Format, because more people can
access that format who don't have Kurzweil so who would otherwise not be able
to take your books. If you do choose to submit in .kes...and even if you do
decide to convert to .rtf, check the synopsis field, primarily the short
synopsis. This field gives a lot of people, including, at one time, me, a lot
of problems because if your synopsis is too long, you get bumped back to the
page where you filled in all the info and everything looks like it's in place.
The only thing missing was the title of the book in the upload field, and there
was no notice of what the exact error was, so I had many hours of frustration
with that until I finally figured out that it was my short synopsis. Once I
shortened it, it went through. Take care.
Julie Morales
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):
mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx