[bksvol-discuss] submitted

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:21:17 -0600

Today I was able to submit my book about the inventor and scientific pioneer
Nikola Tesla.  It is an interesting biography, and I read and edited it, so
it shouldn't be a difficult validation.
It is called Tesla: Man Out of Time, and is by Margaret Cheney.

Here is a little bit of the book jacket info to spark your interest.

Called a madman by some, a genius by others, and an enigma by nearly
everyone, Nikola Tesla was possibly the greatest inventor the world has ever
known. He was, without doubt, a trail blazer who created astonishing,
sometimes world-transforming, devices that often were virtually without
theoretical precedent.

Now, Margaret Cheney has at last written the definitive in-depth biography
of this astonishing figure. From Tesla's childhood in Yugoslavia to his
death in New York in the 1940's, Cheney both paints a compelling human
portrait and chronicles a lifetime of discoveries that radically altered-and
continue to alter-the world we live in. And for the first time, she casts
important light on one of the central mysteries associated with Tesla-the
whereabouts of the famous "missing scientific papers" that vanished at the
time of the inventor's death.
TESLA is a riveting journey into the mind and life of the eccentric wizard
who was Edison's enemy, Mark Twain's friend, J.P. Morgan's client, and hero
and mentor to many of the 20th century's most famous scientists.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/