[bksvol-discuss] submitted

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:07:15 -0500

I have just submitted the book I wrote about earlier in the week. It's called What Does the Bible Really Teach?

I was happy to hear that bullets do stay in the file through the entire process. I decided to use 3 spaces for a tab even though it is a kind of odd number. It's a compromise between print and braille tab length and will be long enough to indicate some space without being so much space that it would take up too much space on a braille display.
I decided to submit in KES format to avoid conversion problems. I think someone will be able to work on it, and if someone doesn't take it after a month I will validate myself.

Anyone who's willing to validate it will find extensive comments about the book and also will have my primary E-mail address to contact me in case they have problems or questions. the books 224 pages long exactly and hopefully will stay that way. :-)
I hope the validator can fix one problem I had. The author in this case is the publisher which resulted in me typing in the abbreviation Inc. Of course I didn't think and typed the period and now the In. has been turned in to a second author and placed in front of the rest of the publisher's name. i think the best thing to do would be to just remove the period, but if that seems dumb I'd just skip the Inc. all together. The system would ideally only recognize commas as separators and would allow typing of periods since they are sometimes very correct in the author field. I wonder who wasn't thinking when the database was designed. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity