[bksvol-discuss] submission: historical fiction

  • From: Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:25:41 -0400

Hi list.
    I've submitted the following book for someone's proofreading pleasure.
    Oh Juliet, by Robin Maxwell.
Publisher,

Penguin Group (USA)Incorporated Copyright Date:
   2010

Isbn,

978-0-451-22915-1 long synopsis, One of the queens of historical fiction" offers a new take on the mesmerizing young woman and poetess who inspired Shakespeare's most famous female character. Before Juliet Capelletti lie two futures: a traditionally loveless marriage to her father's business partner, or the fulfillment of her poetic dreams, inspired by the great Dante. Unlike her beloved friend Lucrezia, who looks forward to her arranged marriage, Juliet has a wild, romantic imagination that knows not the bounds of her great family's stalwart keep. The latter path is hers for the taking when Juliet meets Romeo Monticecco, a soulful young man seeking peace between their warring families. A dreamer himself, Romeo is unstoppable, once he determines to capture the heart of the remarkable woman foretold in his stars. The breathless intrigue that ensues is the stuff of beloved legend. But those familiar with Shakespeare's muse know only half the story.

   349 pages, including extra snippit from one of her other books,
   which, by the way, I also have, if the tidbit catches your fancy.
comments,
   I have proofread this book. Scanos have been corrected, and words
   that are divided between two pages have been joined. Headers still
   need to be stripped and chapters protected. I can't remember whether
   I protected page numbers or not. I no longer have the book, but have
   retained the images of the scanned pages.   My email address is,
julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   Julia