[bksvol-discuss] stuttering speech

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:40:35 -0700

Hi Gang,

I was asking a while back about my stuttering speech when I'm scanning a book. I'm using the latest k1000 and windoweyes. I have to use neospeech since my favorite dectalk crashes whenever I use it. It occasionally stutters and cuts in and out real fast. Nobody had any idea or cure for it. I finally found out when it does it, when I press the scan button and it takes about a minute to start when it hasn['t been used for a while. I guess that's the lamp warming up. Anyway, that's when it does it and I can't read during that time. No big deal, but I finally discovered when it does it and was wondering if anybody else has run into that and if they have any ideas as to what to do about it. As I say, no big deal, I can sit there and wait but I'm always ready to fix anything that can be fixed if possible.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California