[bksvol-discuss] Re: stuck on page 244, Computer help, Please?

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:18:12 -0600

I can explain a way to get around the major problem of selecting and moving pages in Word if you absolutely have to use Word, but the process is extremely easy with Kurzweil and really really difficult to do with a screen reader in Word. Am I remembering incorrectly that you just got a copy of Kurzweil?

If you have Kurzweil open the file and just to cause the whole procedure to be less confusing find the first numbered page of the book that you can identify. Hit Alt-V to open the navigation menu while on that page. arrow to the option called "Set user page number" and press enter. Type in the number of the page you are on. Now pages will actually be called the correct number.
You said the page you want to move is page 244. You should now be able to press Control-G to open the go to page dialog. Type in 244 and press enter. Are you now on the page you want to move? If you are open the edit menu with Alt-E and arrow down to "Cut page" and press enter. Notice that is "Cut Page" which is not at all the same as cut. Kurzweil will announce that page ### has been cut.
Now move to the place where you want the page to appear in the book. Kurzweil will insert the page you have cut just before the page your cursor is on when you open the edit menu again and press enter on "Paste Page". Again the option is "paste Page" not paste.
The page should now be relocated and you can repeat the procedure with all other pages you wish to move.

You can also select and move text, whether many pages or only a few characters, by pressing Control-M at the begining of the text you wish to select and then moving your cursor to the end of the text you wish to manipulate. You can then use Copy or Cut just as you would if you had actually selected that text by holding down Shift while moving with the arrow keys.

I hope that helps, but if it doesn't my explanation of a fool-proof way to move those pages in Word will be coming shortly.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>