[bksvol-discuss] Re: stuck on page 244, Computer help, Please?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:52:48 -0800 (PST)

Dear Lissi,

I don't know if what I say will be of any help to you,
because of what kind of machine you're using, but I do
use Word, so maybe ...

First, whenever I download an rtf file from I save it
as  Word file and work in it as that. Then, when I'm
ready to upload, I save it as an rtf file. I can't see
any difference between the two, and I think I did once
valdiate something without any problem leaving it in
rtf, but I just feel more secure doing it the other
way.

Anyway, you say that after you highlight your pages
using the arrows erases the highlight. Since I don't
use the arrows, if you have to, maybe this won't help.

I highlight the page or pages. Then I cut using either
the word cut from the edit file or keystrokes (on my
Mac it's the apple key pluys the X key on the
keyboard). Then, if Ihad your problem, I'd go to 245,
as you did, and click on Paste from the Edit menu--or
using the keyboard, it's the apple key (would that be
control on yours?) plus the V key.

Usually, to be safe, I copy rather than cut, to be
sure it works and I don't lose the pages. Then if the
transfer does work I delete the mis-placed pages by
highlighting and deleting (carefully, so I don't  cut
anything else by mistake --smile).

HTH. If not, I'm sure someone else will solve your
problem for you (smile).

Cindy