[bksvol-discuss] Re: stripper vs. humans

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

I'm sticking to my method of handstripping all recurring headers at the
tops of pages, and just leaving a page number, followed by a blank line.
For chapters etc, I put a page number at the top of the page, above the
chapter heading.  If I don't have a page number, I put a -, followed by a
blank line.  I'm doing this until someone says for absolute sure that the
stripper works perfectly.  But I don't think it ever will, as headers can
be messed up in so many ways, making them obviously recurring to a human,
but not to a computer.
My method is more work, but the people who read something I vvalidate will
not be tortured by garbage at the top of every page, and will actually see
chapter titles.
Tracy