[bksvol-discuss] Re: stepping back a bit from volunteering OT

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:20:41 -0500

No unless somehow I am paid to do this. If you want to take it on for no pay perhaps you can start.

E.
At 06:39 AM 1/5/2007, you wrote:
Now that you have decided to do less validating for Bookshare, are you going to write the book from the e-mails from Bookshare?

Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are a great many areas in which person can volunteer. One is
bookshare. But there are others. I want to give time to local issues in
my community I think need some volunter time. These include putting time
into getting decent lights and audible pedestrian signals on one of our
main streets. Yet another person was hurt yesterday by being run into by a
car.

I may be too close to bookshare but I am increasingly concerned about the
relationship between staff and volunteers. The end result seems to be
confused volunteers, confused about a variety of things over what seems to
me to be a long period. My being very active may simply annoy the
bookshare staff at this point and serve no useful purpose. I will continue
to work more slowly but will still volunteer. I care deeply about bookshare
and the volunteer community we have created.

E.

Barbara