[bksvol-discuss] Re: starting to scan Deep Descent

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:07:48 EDT

As a matter of fact, anything written by anyone, even a private note to
oneself on the back of an envelope, is technically protected by common law
copyright. I think that the reason the blurb on the dust jacket is an exception
 is
because it is promotional material that the publisher releases into the
public domain in order to increase sales. In a message dated 7/19/2008 11:56:28

P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Bob,

I think the volunteer manual asks that we not use reviews.   And, I also
think that anything written by anyone anywhere is now  considered to be
copyrighted by them.  Not positive on that, but for  synopses, I'd stick to
the book jacket material or material from the text  of the book itself, for
safety's sake.  Just my  take.

Mayrie