[bksvol-discuss] Re: starting on the donkey & question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:46:21 -0800 (PST)

Kelly,

From your example., I don't think you mean your own
opinion but put the synopsis in your own words, and
the answer is definitely yes. It's just that a lot of
people have difficulty summarizing the books,
especially when they don't read them.

We were asked not to put our opinions, i.e., if the
book is good or bad, or dull, etc., in the synopses.
There is a please for readers' reviews somewhere, but
I've never seen any. I have put comments about there
being dialect,  obscenities,  profanity, descriptive
sex, or graphic violence in the long synopsis to warn
people who might not want to read  books that contain
the latter four. The Comments section on the step two
page only goes to the administrators, as I understand
it, after validation, and to the validators at the
initial download. I put in the dialect there in case
the rater changes my rating from Excellent to
Fair--and also because if there's a lot of dialect,
come people might not want to bother with it. Reading
a little dialect doesn't bother me, but a whole lot,
as in Forrest Gump, tires me out. smile

Cindy