[bksvol-discuss] Re: some questions

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:23:11 -0400

Misha is right; I had totally forgotten Google books has a lot of books
scanned. I think I even used it once to find a missing portion of text.
Thanks!

I think Barnes and Noble lets you look inside some of the books too but I
think it is probably the same ones you can look inside at Amazon.

Also some publisher web sites let you look inside books. I'm thinking Harper
is probably the one I saw recently that let me peek inside of the book and
read the first chapter but I can't remember for sure. I sign up for the
mailing lists at a lot of publisher sites so I can be aware of new books I
might want to read.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Prayers for the Dead - Faye Kellerman