[bksvol-discuss] Re: some questions

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:30:43 EDT

I have seen tables of contents for various books on various web sites
before, but I don't know of any site that can consistently give you that
information for any book you might be working on. Try googling the title and
author
and see if you come up with anything that might help you. By the way, is
there any reason that you do not use punctuation in your emails? It makes it a
little difficult to determine your meaning sometimes.

                  "If you don't stand for something you will fall for
anything.
" Malcolm X

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] some questions
Date:
10/27/2009 7:24:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
gstweedy@xxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Is  there a place on line, where you can find out things for a book like
the contents of books that kind of thing

I  know you can wait until you see a sighted person and that is cool but
wondered if there is such a  place where you can find out things the little
things
without sighted help.

Also Bob thought he heard once, like if it is a text book or an important
book where things have to be precise but on fiction books if it didn't mess
up
the book some things didn't matter like we've had books before where
headings weren't there and lots of times the page numbers you don't hear them
in a
book they don't show up when the book comes up and is excepted anyhow
because of like software or any number of things.

Because he says he has put up books that he was sure he had the page
numbers in and stuff and when he has looked at them or brought them down none
of
those
things are in there.

I know you  have to do a good job that kind of thing

I have even had a person who does not volunteer for bookshare who just
reads tell me that all that stuff distracts from the book and breaks up the text
and it bothers him.

Just thought I'd ask.

Cause some books no matter what a blind person does some books are grand
but some books  especially these tiny ones stuff just doesn't come out and
this
is about the 4th time I've gone through this book in fact got so dilligent
on it that ended up putting up a partial book not sure how that happened but
it did.

I'm ready for some new books LOL these same 9 books LOL have been sitting
on my table for months and I've redone them so many times that wow they are
broke
*smile*