[bksvol-discuss] Re: soft page breaks?

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:11:19 -0600

Hi Allison,

You've highlighted a major flaw with the terminology soft page breaks and hard page breaks. There's really just a page break, which is often called a hard page break.

So called "soft" page breaks are those introduced by editing software when there is too much text for a single page. Programs like Microsoft Word assume you want to print everything. "Soft" page breaks will of course change based on paper size. More information can fit on a 11x14 page rather than an 8.5x11 piece of paper.

So in short, no if you've truly got "soft" page breaks, there's no way to "replace" them because they don't really exist in the document, just as part of the rendering done by the software.

Clear as mud? smile.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>