[bksvol-discuss] slightly OT: Kurzweil 3000 Pro v11 question

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:18:21 -0500

We have been blessed and are going to be gifted Kurzweil 3000 Pro  USB v11.
I am excited about many things, but pretty much overwhelmed.  One of my
first questions (I am sure I will have many!) is whether it is possible to
have it use the FineReader Pro 9 that I already own instead of Sprint or
Express that comes bundled with it?  My rep was not sure, but told me I
could port in by scanning as PDF and then converting to a KESI file, but
that would mean scanning everything twice if I need to submit to BookShare
in RTF.

Gonna take a nap, but any advice will be GREATLY appreciated.  I am working
off the demo until the gift unit arrives from them, and have several small
books I can learn and practice with.

Thanks!
Valerie

Currently scanning "Don't You Wish" by Robin Jones Gunn/ the Sierra Jensen
Series
Currently proofing:  Angel Pawprints  by Laurel e. Hunt
Imprisoned In The Golden City (Trailblazer Books #8) by Neta & Dave Jackson
Broken Dishes (Benni Harper, Book 11)  by Earlene Fowler
Ten Days To Self-Esteem