[bksvol-discuss] simple question but I'm drawing a blank

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:07:28 -0400

BlankHey Guys;
Please help a girl out...I'm proofing a book that apparently has
numerous/plenty of "blank lines." When I turn on show all, I can hear the
paragraph marks and where they are in the document but I'm not sure if they are
extras or not. Well, actually, I don't think that they are extras because they
are not directly back to back in sequence. In other words, the set-up of the
sentence is like this:
The cat went outside (paragraph mark)
(paragraph mark)
The cat played on the fence (paragraph mark)
I removed the blank lines but I'm still getting (or JAWS is still saying) blank
line. In between dialogued, sentences, and of course paragraphs in the book.
***OK, the question is this, do I delete each instance of the "blank line" or
does the tool strip them.
I'm asking because after Sue's, , I think, question about paragraph marks, I'm
drawing a blank on what happens. Note, they are not extras but that doesn't
negate my confusion any.
Thanks guys for the answer and HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO YOU ALL!!!
Netta

GIF image