[bksvol-discuss] Re: side-by-side pages

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 08:29:16 -0700

Hi, Wanda,

It sounds like someone scanned a book with recognize columns on, but NOT in
two-page mode.  If a book is scanned two pages at a time but without turning on
two-page mode, the two pages scan without a page break between them.

If this is the case, you can either:
1) If you cannot tell where the second page of the two-page scan begins because
there is not a page number or at the very least several blank lines to identify
where a page break should occur, then you should reject the book.
2) If you can identify where the page break should occur between the two pages
because a page number is present at what would be the top of the second page,
then you can add the missing page breaks.
3) If, however,  attempting to add the breaks proves uncertain or too
time-consuming then you can reject the book.

Hope this information answers your question and that I am understanding the
problem.

Lori C.