[bksvol-discuss] shades of grey

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bkvol <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:51:56 -0700

U know, all, I think a major problem here is that the discussions on
both the adult & rudeness thread revolves around shades of gray.
Obviously, if a book is available in an adult bookstore, it's adult.
Clearly, if some1 calls some1 else a stupid so-&-so, they're rude.
From there on, however, things begin to get grey, & what seems rude to
1 person may not seem at all rude to another & what appears to be
adult content to 1 may not seem so to another.

Perhaps understanding that most of the time we're dealing in grey
areas might help folks tone down responses just a bit & also might
help folks to give a little info as to why they rated a particular
book adult or no. Just a piece of my mind, which, arguably, I can't
afford to give, but...

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride