[bksvol-discuss] settings for HP scanner?

  • From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 11:11:55 -0600

So is there a way to fix some of these issues when I scan?

I have an HP scanner, printer, copier, Officejet Pro 8500, A909gh series.

I use the HP Solution Center, which is sort of the like the dashboard,
to scan to "save as editable text".

The only settings options I see are:
scan type default set at document, glass (as opposed to autofeeder)

output type default set at colour (other options black and white, greyscale)

scan to default set at save to file

file type defualt set at rtf (other options all the choices such as
.doc, .jpg, and so forth)

I see that if I change file type to .txt the scanner says, "Use the
TXT file format to save only the text in the scanned item. Text is
saved as editable, unformatted, ASCII text." Would that be an easier
way to start? Would I have fewer issues this way?

Another option it gives me is, "Scan to a text editor, such as
Wordpad, and then cut and paste the text into the preferred
word-processing program."

Thanks. Again, I have Microsoft WORD 2002. I also downloaded
OpenOffice a few weeks ago but, even though it looks familiar, I can't
figure out how to do ANYTHING.

Charisma