[bksvol-discuss] Re: section breaks

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:11:23 -0500

Hi Valerie, I noticed that you said you are trying to exactly replicate how the book looks physically. smile.

However, if you have a page in the book that has columns of
text, it isn't best to make the page physically appear in the rtf
file as it does on the printed page. While that works great for us sighted folks, my understanding is that columns like this don't translate well into Braille.

Here's what I do instead:

1. change the page length for the entire book to the maximum that
Word allows (which is 22 inches).

2. Change the columns so that instead of it being two (or three)
side by side columns of text it turns into one long continuous
column on the one page.

I hope what I'm explaining makes sense! smile.
Judy s.

Valerie Maples wrote:
There was one page with a section break; it had a full page title followed
by two columns of other titles by author.

Are you saying somehow it changed all my page breaks to section breaks?  Oh,
nightmares!  I am *so* sorry!  I only used one section break and that was so
the one page would appear right.  I used page break inset for all the
others.  I guess I will have to show formatting next time, but that has
never been an issue in my older versions of Word.

I am more than a little annoyed at myself as I am a perfectionist to the
extreme; just ask my honey...

Valerie