[bksvol-discuss] Re: section break and page break

  • From: "Lori" <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:09:23 -0400

Lissi,

Thank you!

L...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 2:21 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: section break and page break

Dear Lori,

You are one of many volunteers who have asked this question. I asked it about two years ago.

I've forgotten the difference in meaning between section and page breaks. Fortunately a tip I was taught on this list for changing section breaks to page breaks which Bookshare prefers with Microsoft word has always worked perfectly and is easy.

1. Press control h for global replace. in the first field type the caret sign which is shift 6, and the letter b.

2. Tab to the next field

3. Type caret and the letter m.

4. Then press alt and the letter ay which tells the computer which replaces all of the section breaks with page breaks at once and it's done!

I spelled out the letter ay with a and y so jaws would pronounce it correctly and spelled caret out instead of writing the sign. When people write the caret sign and the letter, my jaws, which is set to ignore most punctuation, doesn't tell me a caret is there. If you want to see the commands as you would write them they are

^b

tab

^m

alt a

Then you should be all set.

This tip is explained at Jake's site. I used to go there when I forgot it, but now this little trick is part of my core computer vocabulary.

Let us know if this works for you.

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lori" <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>